Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New Businesses...business'... busnie?




Here are some pics from the Homefree shoot! Had a blast with the jib, the green screen, did some learning, and really just had a lot of fun. The guys did a great job and looked fantastic!
I should mention that this was Sara's first paid make up gig. We expect that career to take off soon!




So Homefree is almost ready to launch. Please be praying for it's success! A lot of people have put countless hours of work into it and Brock and Phil have been so faithful in trusting the Lord with each step (which by the way has resulted in God's awesome blessing every time).

As I have previously mentioned, we started a company as well, and I have been putting a lot of research and time into building the production side of it up now that school's out. Unfortunately, it has not been an easy experience so far. While I am blessed with friends who are willing to contribute, scheduling has proved to be frustrating to say the least. I'm also learning a lot about the process that goes into making a "good" movie, short or otherwise, and I'm finding a lot of holes in our current process.
*DISCLAIMER* Many of these holes are easily fixed by either experience or with patience that I have not been willing to give our small projects.
I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to shoot some throw away material just to learn from, or if that can be done with small tests. I know this might now be making a whole lot of sense but I'm thinking I need to overhaul our entire process, which may result in postponing our first project for the second time! What to do!?

I'm also trying to figure out what part of the production I actually want to be involved in. I have been wearing so many hats for so long, I don't know which ones fit and which ones I'm wearing for fun. It's kind of like when you buy a cowboy hat for a joke and you wear it around for a while and everybody laughes, but then you start to forget it's a joke and you think, "I kind of like this hat, it looks kind of cool" but really it's still a cowboy hat and you just look like a tool in a stupid hat! (no offense AJ!)Sorry about that. I'm just realizing that even though it's a blast to make these things with friends, there are some highly specialized positions that I need to find or train people to fill.
Anyways, thats what be going on in my head today!

1 comment: